The focus of the Conference is Reconsidering Gender and industrial Relations. Key themes include the many facets of gender in the workplace, including gender, work and policy developments, gender and collectivism, pay equity, equal employment opportunity and diversity management, women in male-dominated areas, women working in the caring professions, work and family issues and issues affecting LGBTQI workers.
The conference will also include a wide range of presentations on other industrial relations and human resource issues.
The Association of Industrial Relations Academics in Australia and New Zealand (AIRAANZ) was officially constituted in 1983. In 2017 AIRAANZ is holding its 31th Conference.
The 2017 Conference Organising Committee includes:
- Dr Sue Williamson, UNSW Canberra
- Professor Michael O’Donnell, UNSW Canberra
- Professor David Peetz, Griffith University
- Professor Ray Markey, Macquarie University
- Associate Professor Sarah Kaine, UTS
- Dr Doug Jackman, University of Canberra
- Mr Michael Walker, UTS
- Mr Craig Brown, University of Canberra